[opencms-dev] BUG? Moving kills Folder

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Wed Oct 6 17:16:01 CEST 2004

Hi!

I created a Folder "Test" and want to rename it to "test" with
lowerCase. I chose rename/move from the contextmenue an switched the "T"
to a "t" and hit OK.

After that my Folder "Test" was gone! Completly moved to anywhere ;)

I tried the same with a Page-File. Moving Test.html to test.html. The
system asked me if I want to replace the existing file:

Source: /sites/Test.html
Target: /sites/test.html
The target resource already exists, do you want to overwrite it?

Is test.html = Test.html? I assume not.

If I choose OK I got the message:

Source: /sites/Test.html
Target: /sites/test.html
Sorry, the resource could not be moved.
Reason Maybe the target folder does not exist.
Please choose another target folder or target filename.

The DetailButton told:

**********
org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException:
[org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsVfsDriver.readFileHeader/3] /sites/Test.html
[Code 2 - Resource not found!]
	at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.readFileHeader(CmsVfsDriver.java:854)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.readResource(CmsDriverManager.java:2454)
	at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readResource(CmsObject.java:1110)
	at org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace.checkLock(CmsWorkplace.java:889)
	at org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace.checkLock(CmsWorkplace.java:876)
	at
org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsMove.performMoveOperation(CmsMove.java:294)
	at org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsMove.actionMove(CmsMove.java:168)
	at org.apache.jsp.move_jsp._jspService(move_jsp.java:70)
[...]

After that my Test.html-File was gone, too.

With a little trick it works: moving Test.html to test2.html an than
again to test.html.

Is this a BUG or a Feature? ;-)) Or did I do some wrong?

best regards
Tol

--
independent internet radio berlin