[opencms-dev] BUG? Moving kills Folder

Mariano Barcia opencms at colaborativa.net
Thu Oct 7 02:50:26 CEST 2004

Tol,
Filename are not case-sensitive when using MySQL with default settings.
AFAIK, there is no visible warning in OpenCMS 5 to prevent you about
this shortcoming, and it actually caused trouble in one of our project
because we developed using MySQL but the target DB was Oracle.
IMHO, it would be nice to see a warning or a proper error message in v6
so developers don't get trapped when switching to a case-sensitive
database like Oracle.
HTH,
--mariano