[opencms-dev] Search bug in Alpha 1

Hans van der Linden hans at iblinden.nl
Wed Oct 13 11:03:27 CEST 2004

Hi

I am not 100% sure but I think I found a small but painful litle bug... When you have named a website in uppercase for example
sites/WWW_MYSITE_COM the search will not find any results because this part in CmsSearchIndex.java:

        // complete the search root
        if (searchRoot != null && !"".equals(searchRoot)) {
            // add the site root to the search root
            searchRoot = cms.getRequestContext().getSiteRoot() + searchRoot;
        } else {
            // just use the site root as the search root
            searchRoot = cms.getRequestContext().getSiteRoot();
        }

returns de searchRoot in lowercase and no match can be made. Once I renamed it to sites/www_mysite_com (lowercase) I got my
results..

Can this be true?

regards,

Hans