[opencms-dev] Re: OCSetup will not complete

Brian Fending fendingb at buffalolib.org
Thu Oct 14 15:42:01 CEST 2004

Thanks for the reply and confirmation that other variables look good.
For good measure, I deleted the opencms directory created within tomcat
from the last deployment. I then started tomcat and opencms.war was
again deployed as C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\webapps\opencms. All files
therein deployed.

Now I can't get to the startup screen for ocsetup. The same exception is
now thrown for the page http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup/index.jsp.

There may be a good clue from the prompt where tomcat's running, though:

Oct 14, 2004 8:45:44 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=15/235
config=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\conf\jk2.properties
Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompil
er(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:140)

However, JAVA_HOME (JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05) *does* point to the JDK.
JAVA_HOME should have to point to the /bin, right?

Thanks again!/BF

> // THE ERROR
> HTTP Status 500 -
> type Exception report
>
> message
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> it from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
> Generated servlet error: [javac] Compiling 1 source file

hm, looks like the opencms.war wasn't deployed correctly, please verify
the deployment.