[opencms-dev] Re: OCSetup will not complete

Markus Daniel markus.daniel at synyx.de
Thu Oct 14 16:28:28 CEST 2004

Brian Fending wrote:
> Thanks for the reply and confirmation that other variables look good.
> For good measure, I deleted the opencms directory created within tomcat
> from the last deployment. I then started tomcat and opencms.war was
> again deployed as C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\webapps\opencms. All files
> therein deployed.
>
> Now I can't get to the startup screen for ocsetup. The same exception is
> now thrown for the page http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup/index.jsp.
>
> There may be a good clue from the prompt where tomcat's running, though:

> Oct 14, 2004 8:45:44 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=15/235
> config=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\conf\jk2.properties
> Unable to find a javac compiler;
Your java is not installed properly.
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompil
> er(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:140)
>
> However, JAVA_HOME (JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05) *does* point to the JDK.
> JAVA_HOME should have to point to the /bin, right?
JAVA_HOME should point to your jsdk in your case to
JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05
but you should have the JAVA_HOME\bin\ in your path.
Set the path so that Windows can find java, javac etc.
PATH=%PATH%;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin;
Try java -version in the console (cmd)
This have to work.

Regards,