[opencms-dev] OCSetup will not complete

Brian Fending fendingb at buffalolib.org
Fri Oct 15 17:18:58 CEST 2004

>just use the startup.bat to start tomcat
>this should work, you just have to set CATALINA_OPTS
>and JAVA_HOME

Markus: Thanks!!! I set the encoding in startup.bat, used it instead of
the cmd line, and it worked like a charm. I'm curious about why one
can't run it from a prompt as the install guide says, but not curious
enough to outright ask. :)

I'm looking forward to this eval and implementing if all goes well. The
public library space has been screaming for a good CMS for years, but
the niche vendors just come back with ways to sell (or wrap around)
their existing products.

Thanks again!/BF