[opencms-dev] Adding templates in 6.0 alpha

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Wed Oct 20 13:55:04 CEST 2004

Alex Burton wrote:

> Nope, I am looking at the directory structure and still trying to work
> out where I should be putting templates... and I do not understand the
> concepts between Master and Body templates.
>
> i.e. something like:
>
>     * tomcat5.0.28.opencms\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\jsp\offline\system\modules\org.opencms.welcome\templates
>
> or do they live else where? if there is some documentation I have
> missed feel free to point me at this.

when you develop a new Page with Opencms, in nomal cases you create
first a Mastertemplate, which includes design, and several jsp-snippets.
This template is located under /yourModule/templates (see example which
comes with opencms6)

Then when you want to predefine some layout for your redacteurs, you
want do create Body-Templates ... theese are located unter
/yourModule/bodies

Read more about this in Alkacon Documentation Modules and under
opencms-forum.de There is also a very nice book about opencms where this
stuff is explained detailed ...

Best Regards

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG