[opencms-dev] Problem logging in after installing opencms 6.0 alpha 1

Prasad Thammineni prasad.thammineni at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 02:02:05 CEST 2004

Hi,
I installed opencms 6.0 alpha 1 with jBoss 3.2.5 and Tomcat 5.0.
During deployment the opencms.war file got unzipped into
tmp24927opencms.war directory. After going through the setup wizard I
was presented with the welcome screen and it showed the following
text:

To login to the OpenCms workplace, point your browser to the following URL:

/tmp24927opencms/opencms/system/login/

When I click on this link (which by the way translates to http://hostname/
/tmp24927opencms/opencms/system/login/), I get a page not found. If I
change the url to http://hostname/opencms/opencms/system/login I am
presented with the login screen. After entering the userid and
password and clicking submit, I am redirected to the following URL:
http://hostname/tmp24927opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html?login=true.

Looks like it is thinking that the context root is tmp24927opencms. Is
there a way to change it? And where?

Please help,

Thanks,
Prasad