[opencms-dev] xmlcontent blank page + siteroot empty error

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 19:15:15 CEST 2004

"Alexander Kandzior" <alex at opencms.org> writes:

>> I have 6 alpha 2 installed ok with no problems but the
>> xmlcontent demo page (linked from templateone to
>> http://localhost:8080/opencms/xmlcontent) is an empty page -
>> despite making sure the checkbox is checked on install....
>>
>> Having looked in the module list, i notice that the
>> xmlcontent module is missing - do i therefore need to
>> manually install it?
>
> You could at last try to see if it works.

Manual installation worked for me.
But it was not installed after setup either.

Although someone else installed Alpha 2 on the
same machine without any problems.

The only difference was he used IE and I used Firefox PR1.

>> Also, when trying to create a new project i get the following error:
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Saved siteroot empty!
>> 	at
>> org.opencms.file.CmsRequestContext.restoreSiteRoot(CmsRequestC
>> ontext.java:392)
>> 	at
>> com.opencms.workplace.CmsAdminProjectNew.getContent(CmsAdminPr
>> ojectNew.java:358)
>> 	at
>> com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate.getContent(CmsXmlTemplate.
>> java:136),
>> etc.
>
> Depends if someone else can confirm this behaviour.

I can't. Tested creation with site roots "/" and "/sites/default".

Regards,
Thomas