[opencms-dev] xmlcontent blank page + siteroot empty error

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Oct 27 19:26:11 CEST 2004

> >> I have 6 alpha 2 installed ok with no problems but the xmlcontent
> >> demo page (linked from templateone to
> >> http://localhost:8080/opencms/xmlcontent) is an empty page
> - despite
> >> making sure the checkbox is checked on install....
> >>
> >> Having looked in the module list, i notice that the
> xmlcontent module
> >> is missing - do i therefore need to manually install it?
> >
> > You could at last try to see if it works.
>
> Manual installation worked for me.
> But it was not installed after setup either.
>
> Although someone else installed Alpha 2 on the same machine
> without any problems.
>
> The only difference was he used IE and I used Firefox PR1.

AFAIK there _may_ be an issue with the module selection (in the setup
wizard) and JavaScript compatibility in Moz/Firefox. May be related to the
automatic dependency check JavaScript. I'll check this and make sure we
remove this issue (if it exists) for the next release...

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts