[opencms-dev] xmlcontent blank page + siteroot empty error

mmihaili at csc.com.au mmihaili at csc.com.au
Thu Oct 28 07:23:44 CEST 2004

I have successfully installed OpenCMS v6 a2 on Windows XP sp1, MySQL
4.0.18, Tomcat 5.0.28 using IE6 and again with Firefox.
I can open resources and the demos work fine.

There were a couple of issues during setup (I can look into fixing if
required);

As Olli Aro found out, there is a Windows XP limitation on filename length,
so when I attempted to extract the opencms.war to my existing webapp
directory, it failed. I resolved this by moving my webapp directory to the
root, thus shortening the overall pathname.

The Setup Wizard has an issue while importing the
org.opencms.frontend.templateone modules.
Following the resolution is the relevant part of my setup.log
I recommend not importing these 3 modules during the Setup Wizard, but
after, manually via the workplace, until the issue is resolved.
Now to checkout the demos more closely...

2931: Admin at Offline># Import the modules that have been selected in the
setup wizard
2932: Admin at Offline>importModulesFromSetupBean
2933: ------ Importing module ...------  org.opencms.editors.htmlarea
2934: org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationException: Error in the
OpenCms configuration. [Code 300 - Error in the OpenCms configuration.]
2935:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importModule(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:420)
2936:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importData(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:302)
2937:       at
org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportExportManager.java:401)
2938:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModuleFromDefault(CmsSetupBean.java:1264)
2939:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModulesFromSetupBean(CmsSetupBean.java:749)
2940:       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2941:       at
2942:       at
2943:       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
2944:       at
org.opencms.main.CmsShell$CmsCommandObject.executeMethod(CmsShell.java:237)
2945:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:637)
2946:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:707)
2947:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:491)
2948:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:148)
2949:
2950: ------ Importing module ...------  org.opencms.frontend.templateone
2951: org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationException: Error in the
OpenCms configuration. [Code 300 - Error in the OpenCms configuration.]
2952:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importModule(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:420)
2953:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importData(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:302)
2954:       at
org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportExportManager.java:401)
2955:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModuleFromDefault(CmsSetupBean.java:1264)
2956:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModulesFromSetupBean(CmsSetupBean.java:749)
2957:       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2958:       at
2959:       at
2960:       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
2961:       at
org.opencms.main.CmsShell$CmsCommandObject.executeMethod(CmsShell.java:237)
2962:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:637)
2963:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:707)
2964:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:491)
2965:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:148)
2966:
2967: ------ Importing module ...------
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.democontent
2968: org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationException: Error in the
OpenCms configuration. [Code 300 - Error in the OpenCms configuration.]
2969:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importModule(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:420)
2970:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importData(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:302)
2971:       at
org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportExportManager.java:401)
2972:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModuleFromDefault(CmsSetupBean.java:1264)
2973:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModulesFromSetupBean(CmsSetupBean.java:749)
2974:       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2975:       at
2976:       at
2977:       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
2978:       at
org.opencms.main.CmsShell$CmsCommandObject.executeMethod(CmsShell.java:237)
2979:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:637)
2980:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:707)
2981:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:491)
2982:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:148)
2983:
2984: ------ Importing module ...------
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.xmlcontentdemo
2985: org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationException: Error in the
OpenCms configuration. [Code 300 - Error in the OpenCms configuration.]
2986:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importModule(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:420)
2987:       at
org.opencms.module.CmsModuleImportExportHandler.importData(CmsModuleImportExportHandler.java:302)
2988:       at
org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportExportManager.java:401)
2989:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModuleFromDefault(CmsSetupBean.java:1264)
2990:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.importModulesFromSetupBean(CmsSetupBean.java:749)
2991:       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2992:       at
2993:       at
2994:       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
2995:       at
org.opencms.main.CmsShell$CmsCommandObject.executeMethod(CmsShell.java:237)
2996:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:637)
2997:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:707)
2998:       at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:491)
2999:       at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:148)
3000:
3001: ------ Importing module ...------  org.opencms.legacy.compatibility

Moris Mihailidis
Computer Sciences Corporation
EBS-BSS Web Services e-Business South
58 Queensbridge St, Southbank, VIC 3006, Australia
Ph: +61-3-8695-1527    Fax:+61-3-8695-1540
Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

for such purpose.
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      opencms-dev-bounces@         Subject: RE: [opencms-dev] xmlcontent blank page + siteroot empty error
                      opencms.org

                      28/10/2004 03:26 AM
                      Please respond to
                      The OpenCms mailing
                      list

> >> I have 6 alpha 2 installed ok with no problems but the xmlcontent
> >> demo page (linked from templateone to
> >> http://localhost:8080/opencms/xmlcontent) is an empty page
> - despite
> >> making sure the checkbox is checked on install....
> >>
> >> Having looked in the module list, i notice that the
> xmlcontent module
> >> is missing - do i therefore need to manually install it?
> >
> > You could at last try to see if it works.
>
> Manual installation worked for me.
> But it was not installed after setup either.
>
> Although someone else installed Alpha 2 on the same machine
> without any problems.
>
> The only difference was he used IE and I used Firefox PR1.

AFAIK there _may_ be an issue with the module selection (in the setup
wizard) and JavaScript compatibility in Moz/Firefox. May be related to the
automatic dependency check JavaScript. I'll check this and make sure we
remove this issue (if it exists) for the next release...

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts