[opencms-dev] Inclusion loop error while going through the HowTos

Marc Davenport mdavenport at endeca.com
Wed Oct 27 22:41:57 CEST 2004

Greetings everybody,

I'm pretty new to using OpenCMS. I'm using version 5.0 because the site will
go live in about a month.  I know everyone is having fun and more interested
in version 6.0 but I could use a few pointers.  I've been working my way
through the Howto documents.  I cannot get the basic jsp hot to to work.  I
am getting a Resource loader error.  The description is Dected inclusion
loop for target '........./form1.jsp'.   Here are my very simple pages.
Could someone please glance at them and let me know what I'm doing wrong.
there are people in the archives with similar problems, but I couldnt find a
resolution.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Marc Davenport

Truncated Error message
=============================
javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file
'/system/modules/com.opencms.endeca/form1.jsp'

Root cause:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
FlexDispatcher: Dectected inclusion loop for target
/system/modules/com.opencms.endeca/form1.jsp
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextI
mpl.java:821)

{root}/templates/main.xml

<!-- This links the XMLTemplate mechanism with the JSP templates.
     So far it is required because the WYSIWYG editor still is
     completly based on the XMLTemplates. -->
<xmltemplate>

<!-- Define the stylesheet for the WYSIWYG editor -->
<stylesheet> /system/modules/com.opencms.endeca/resources/main.css
</stylesheet>

<!-- Template description, pretty short for a JSP template -->
<template>
    <element name="jsptemplate" />
</template>

<!-- This describes the "jsptemplate" element used above.
     Important: The element must NOT be called "frametemplate",
     because in that case the stylesheet does not work. -->

<elementdef name="jsptemplate">

    <!-- Always use this class tag when inserting a JSP element in your
page: -->
    <class>com.opencms.flex.CmsJspTemplate</class>

    <!-- Just add the path to your JSP here: -->
    <template>../jsptemplates/main.jsp</template>

</elementdef>

</xmltemplate>

{root}/jsptemplates/main.jsp
===================================
<%@ page import="com.opencms.flex.jsp.*" %>
<%@ page session="false" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<cms:template element="head">
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<head>
<title><cms:property name="title" escapeHtml="true" /></title>

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
href="<cms:link>../resources/main.css</cms:link>">
</head>
<h2>My first template head</h2>
<!-- Main page body starts here -->
</cms:template>

<cms:template element="body">
     <cms:include element="body" />
</cms:template>

<cms:template element="foot">
<!-- Main page body ends here -->

<h2>My first template foot</h2>

</cms:template>

Lastly, {root} form1.jsp
===================================
<%@ page session="false" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<cms:include property="template" element="head" />

<%
String name = request.getParameter("name");
if (name != null) {
%>
<h2>Your name is: <%= name %></h2>
<% } %>

<form name="test" method="get" action="form1.jsp">
type="submit" value="OK"></p>
</form>

<cms:include property="template" element="foot" />

This email message and any attachments are confidential to Endeca. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify Endeca immediately -- by
replying to this message or by sending an email to: legal at endeca.com -- and
destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.