[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Alpha 2 on Windows XP

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 00:11:22 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to install Alpha 2 on Windows XP? My attempts keep
failing and I am starting to think that it must be because Windows XP still
have 255 characters limitation for path length (HYPERLINK
"http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-u
s/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_
fil_rbrx.asp"http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all
/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit
/en-us/prkc_fil_rbrx.asp). My installation fails with the modules, but gets
always further shorter I set by tomcat path. However, my tomcat is now in
root directory and called ‘t’, so cannot shorten the path any more than
that…

Regards,

Olli

---