[opencms-dev] Problem with group-inheritance

Andre Bernardini mail at andre-bernardini.de
Thu Nov 4 11:43:25 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm using opencms 5.0.1 and encountering the following problem:

when I create group Y and select group X as parent group, the result seems to be
the exact opposite of what I wanted:

If I assign a user to group X, he won't appear in group Y (as expected). On the
other hand - if I assign him to group Y (the "child group") he indirectly
becomes member of group X.

So ... is this a known bug (already searched the 2004-mailinglist-archive but
didn't find anything significant) and does anyone have any suggestions how to
solve that problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
André Bernardini