[opencms-dev] Problem with group-inheritance

Steve steve.welsh at redplanetuk.com
Thu Nov 4 12:15:52 CET 2004

Andre,

This struck a chord with me - I'm just setting up similar security
structures in 5.0.1.  It's NOT a bug; you need to think of it more like
inheritance in say java classes; the children EXTEND the permissions of
the parent.  As a child you can do everything the parent can and inherit
their membership too.  Seems unusual at first but it gives really good
flexibility.

Steve,

REDPlanet Technologies Ltd,
Salters House, Salters Lane Ind. Est., Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees,
TS21 3EE

www.redplanetuk.com
Tel +44 (1740) 625222