[opencms-dev] Root context and external URLs

Tim Howland thowland at organic.com
Fri Nov 5 16:12:25 CET 2004

There are two approaches (if you are using Apache as your front end):

1) Use Mod_rewrite to rewrite your inbound requests to a different URI (do this if you are using mod_jk to talk to tomcat)
2) use mod_proxy to proxy inbound requests from your webserver to port 8080 on the app server

Check the mailing list archives for either of these approaches.

If you aren't using Apache, you probably should be...

Tim