[opencms-dev] JBOSS 3.5 with Tomcat and opencms

Steve Michael steve.michael at performancestrategies.com
Tue Nov 9 00:09:26 CET 2004

Does anyone have a howto or some info on getting opencms to work with the following:
JBOSS 3.5 with Tomcat 5.0
Oracle 9.01 or 9.2
Virtual Hosts (Virtual Domains)

I use many virtual domains and am wanting to have one virtual domain that is opencms.  I do not need to have multiple virtual hosts with different opencms system.  I only need to have one opencms virtual host. Given that our company is just looking for a solution, and not ready to implement anything we are willing to look at BETA code.

I have managed to start the install process of opencms 6 Beta 2, and have managed to get the software to create the tables, but the screen right after the install creates the tables dumps a bunch of java errors and complains about not being able to find a class for a BLOB object.

I then tried version 5.x and got the exact same error.

With version 6B2 I can continue, but I then get a servlet error after the install finishes.  I have a feeling that this is because one of my xml files is not setup correctly for the servlet, but I have no idea on where to look.

I would love to work with this product, and any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Steve Michael