[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6.0-alpha2 Multi-language support

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 13:49:59 CET 2004

Martin Kuba schrieb:

> The missing piece of information here is that then the file
> is displayed *only* in the locale selected by the "locale" property.
> You have to create another folder with different setting of
> the "locale" property, and create a "sibling" of the file
> in the other folder, to see the other languge part of the file.
>
> There is no mechanism which would make sure that such siblings
> exist for each language, so it is questionable whether
> this languages-sibling-locale stuff gives anything
> more than just having separate files for each language.

Well, I guess it doesn't when the user is creating new pages. But it
certainly does help when existing pages are being edited.

However, I agree with you partly. That's why I have written an alternate
implementation of org.opencms.i18n.I_CmsLocaleManager following a
suggestion from Alexander Kandzior. I am going to post it on this list
to see what people think of it. Unfortunately, I cannot do it before
Thursday as I don't have access to the computers the sources are on from
where I am now.

So long
Robert