[poco-interesante] [opencms-dev] XML Content Demo

opencms at biberbeatz.de opencms at biberbeatz.de
Tue Nov 23 15:16:36 CET 2004

Hi Jorge,
thank you for your quick answer. Here are my details.

Jorge González wrote:

>Well, this is my checklist
>
>1. Xerces-J >= 2.6  ? (look into tomcat/common/lib or endorsed)
xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar

Which one is the best to use and where can I get the recommended?

>2. XSD
> 2.1 tags begin with OpenCms (required)
What do you mean start with OpenCMS? You mean the type?
See my attached myarticles.xsd:
<-----------snip-------->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

elementFormDefault="qualified">

	<xsd:include
schemaLocation="opencms://opencms-xmlcontent.xsd" />

	<xsd:element name="myarticles" type="OpenCmsMyArticles" />

	<xsd:complexType name="OpenCmsMyArticles">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="myarticle"
type="OpenCmsMyArticle" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

	<xsd:complexType name="OpenCmsMyArticle">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="Title"
type="OpenCmsString" />
		</xsd:sequence>
		<xsd:attribute name="language" type="OpenCmsLocale"
use="required" />
	</xsd:complexType>

	<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:appinfo>
			<mapping element="Title"
mapto="property:Title" />
		</xsd:appinfo>
	</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:schema>
<-------snip------------------>
> 2.2 linked attributes exist declared as attributes (for example,
the Title
>one in the articles.xsd example)

Do not know what do yozu mean in detail. I just copied paste the
example by Alexander which worked fine for  a lot of people.

>3. XML
>	3.1 Created as generic xml content ?
I did that. Created a blnak genereic XML file. Error message appaears
when saving the generic file.
>	3.2 control code namespace file exists (double check the
path)
Do you mean the reference toi the schema?
This is
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="opencms://sites/default/xmlcontent/mya
rticle.
xsd

So I uploaded my schema with a fileupload to the location where the
generic xml file is saved and published the content.

>Try to generate al article, but don't use the wizard, use a xml
generic
>content, and edit the control code by hand. If this doesn't work,
the
>problem could be outside your schema file.

I did it as you described. And I did not upload the schema for
testing purposes once and I got the message it is missing. So it
looks like the schema works fine.

Thanks in advance, Jorge.

Best regards,

Jan