[opencms-dev] News Module download link request/installation info

Christopher Barham cbarham at pobox.com
Thu Nov 25 05:41:22 CET 2004

Can anyone help me find a news module that works?  The book 'Building
Websites with OpenCMS' refers to 6 forks of the news module, but the
web site http://opencms.al-arenal.de appears to be dead and extensive
googling has not turned up anything else.

I did get the News Module with Content Syndication functionality based
on RSS referred to at
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/download/sandbox.html which has a
download link of http://www.glantschnig.info/opencms/NewsRSS.zip.  I am
attempting to install this, but the 'back-end' on the administration
pages is demanding a username and password combination that is
undocumented - the administrators password does not work; and the docs
focus on the RSS (external news) functions, not the internal, (which i
need).

Using OpenCms 5, tomcat and mysql - normal setup basically.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks
Chris