[opencms-dev] Bug in module naming convention??? AND site config in Tomcat Stan dalone

Corbey, Clayton CorbeyC at brandonrha.mb.ca
Fri Nov 26 22:41:20 CET 2004

I tried creating a new module in OpenCMS but it kept giving me a 'no
details' error. It said something like the version and name of the module
were manditory even though I was inputing all those fields. My module name
contained a hyphen (ca.mb.brandonrha.brha-opencms). This is our naming
convention for our servers... brha-*. Maybe that hyphen was screwing up the
sql string sent to MySQL?

Is this a bug?

I ended up having to name my module ca.mb.brandonrha and then it worked
fine. It was all that hyphen (-).

OpenCMS 6 alpha 2
Tomcat 5.0.28
MySQL 4.1.7
Sun Java SDK 1.4.2_06

Another question I have is an old one, but the more I search in the mailling
lists the more confused I get. I'm almost there!!!

I want my OpenCMS server to be a CMS for MULTIPLE sites.

Ex.

/sites/brandonrha/        => http://www.brandonrha.mb.ca
<http://www.brandonrha.mb.ca>
/sites/westmanlab/       => http://westmanlab.brandonrha.mb.ca
<http://westmanlab.brandonrha.mb.ca>  (and in the future
http://www.westmanlab.mb.ca <http://www.westmanlab.mb.ca> )
/sites/assiniboinerha/    => http://www.assiniboinerha.mb.ca
<http://www.assiniboinerha.mb.ca>

ETC. ETC.

The problem I have is that I CANNOT seem to get my TOMCAT STANDALONE web
server to co-operate. The opencms servlet dissapears, but NO WEBSITE!!! Must
I change an configuration is /usr/tomcat/conf/server.xml at all? Any changes
to opencms.properties? opencms-system???

Here is some of my configuration (remember, all these domains are in my DNS,
ping-able, traceroute-able, etc.)

Opencms-system.xml

<sites>
	<workplace-server>http://localhost</workplace-server>
            <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
            <site server="http://localhost" uri="/sites/default/"/>
	<site server="http://www.brandonrha.mb.ca"
uri="/sites/brandonrha/"/>
	<site server="http://westmanlab.brandonrha.mb.ca"
uri="/sites/westmanlab/"/>
	<site server="http://www.assiniboinerha.mb.ca"
uri="/sites/assiniboinrha/"/>
</sites>

In opencms.properties I changed app.name=opencms to app.name=
Must I change server.name=OpenCMSServer to server.name=    ?????

/usr/tomcat/conf/server.xml (only useful data)

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"/>
</Engine>

UnpackWars and autoDeploy are changed to false after the install. Must I add
another host? I've added what's below before with no effect at ALL.

<Host name="www.brandonrha.mb.ca" debug="0" appBase="webapps" />

I installed openCMS.war into /usr/tomcat/webapps/ROOT to lose the first
/opencms/

/usr/tomcat/conf/Catalina/www.brandonrha.mb.ca/ROOT.xml

<Context docBase="webapps/opencms" path=""/> (this gives me a 'not found' on
tomcat startup, which is understandable seeing as it's a VFS; must I change
it to docBase="webapps"??? That didn't help.)

So, does anyone else out there struggle with Contexts, appBase's docBase's,
Path's... etc? Remember, tomcat Standalone, no Apache module connection...

If Anyone has any advice for me, even a little SMIDGEN, it would be MOST
appreciated...

If you need more info, I can gladly give more config examples.

Thanks!

-Clayton Corbey
corbeyc AT brandonrha DOT mb DOT ca