[opencms-dev] Bug in module naming convention??? AND site config inTomcat Stan dalone

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Nov 27 02:22:04 CET 2004

  _____

From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Corbey, Clayton
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 10:41 PM
To: 'opencms-dev at opencms.org'
Subject: [opencms-dev] Bug in module naming convention??? AND site config
inTomcat Stan dalone

I tried creating a new module in OpenCMS but it kept giving me a 'no
details' error. It said something like the version and name of the module
were manditory even though I was inputing all those fields. My module name
contained a hyphen (ca.mb.brandonrha.brha-opencms). This is our naming
convention for our servers... brha-*. Maybe that hyphen was screwing up the
sql string sent to MySQL?

Is this a bug?

Actually it is a feature. All OpenCms modules must have a valid Java package
name. The hyphen can not be used in Java package names, so you can't use it
as OpenCms module name.

I ended up having to name my module ca.mb.brandonrha and then it worked
fine. It was all that hyphen (-).

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms experts
Alexander Kandzior