[opencms-dev] Adding elements to pages

Jerry Bednyak jbednyak at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 22:02:06 CET 2004

I have about 60 pages all based on the same template.
The pages have 5 elements each (copied from a default
body). I want to add a new editable element ot the
template using:

<cms:template element="newElement">
<cms:include element="newElement" editable="true" />
</cms:template>

The above entry works fine in the template, however
when I try to edit it, there are is no "newElement" in
the elements' drop-down list. Do I have to manually
edit each page's control code and include the element
using:

<element name="newElement">
  <links/>
  <content><content>
</element>

or is there an easier way to do it? I'm using version
6 alpha 2.

Jerry