[opencms-dev] alpha 2: 404 on login

Eli Spizzichino es.j at javanet.info
Wed Dec 1 19:21:16 CET 2004

Greetings,
I'm trying out the alpha2 release and with the default option and app.
context on a local host all went good and besides minor glitch with the
back (<-) button (not the browser back button) going to the wrong
previosly visited page or not going back at all all seems to work as
espected.
So I decided to set up a demo to show it to a customer at put in on my
server where mod_jk is in place, he is wainting and deciding over
another CMS so I'm little in hurry to show it but I can't because once
installed I can't go to login page!
These my steps:
once unpacket the war I changed the app. context to a different name
(vestirequobio), (removed the war and restarted) run the wizard-setup
changed the database name, changed the URL field for my OpenCms site to
http://javanet.info/vestirequobio, changed the name for my OpenCms
server to vestirequobio and everything went well, and showed the
congrats page.
Using the form present there makes it load a blank page, using the link
goes to a 404 page:
http://javanet.info/vestirequobio/opencms/system/login

I have tried to change and uncoment web.xml
    <context-param>
        <param-name>WebApplicationContext</param-name>
        <param-value>vestirequobio</param-value>
    </context-param>
but makes no difference (and as I understand it shouldn't)
I made no change to the servlet name so it's still opencms.

I noticed there is no export directory once the wizard is finished it's
that normal?

I'm wondering if this can be caused by an ancient version of mysql
3.23.49, I'm running debian stable so .... well you know.
JVM is 1.4.2_04.

You can try it yourself at that url, i set back the wizard.enabled=true
prop. and a finished installation is in place with the login problem.

tia

Eli