[opencms-dev] Inserting linked content using OpenCMS 5.x

Gavin, Ben BGavin at SkylineTechnologies.com
Wed Dec 1 19:14:37 CET 2004

Alright, so I've temporarily abandoned the 6.0 alpha product and am
working with the 5.0.1 distribution now.  The walkthroughs have all
worked well for me so far, but now I'm running into a potential
headache.  The OpenCMS book isn't due to arrive until later this
afternoon, so hopefully someone will be able to help me out here in the
mean time.

Here's what I have:

1.  Template setup for primary page and "inside" pages
2.  Each page has a "body" element which handles displaying things in
the "content" box of the site
3.  A /resources/ directory which houses all my images, stylesheets,
flash animations, etc

What I need to do:

I need to reference one of the flash animations on the index page of the
site.  I have inserted the appropriate path within the OpenCMS
hierarchy, but that path is not being resolved properly due to the fact
that the OpenCMS system doesn't reside at the "root" of the server.  I
also can't seem to find a way to tell the OpenCMS system to dynamically
derive the URL from the content location within OpenCMS [which I can do
from, say, the JSP page templates].  Am I going to be forced to use JSP
to do this properly, or is there some way to "notify" the OpenCMS system
that my content needs to be parsed/updated to include the correct
OpenCMS pathing information?

Thanks!
Ben

Benjamin Gavin