[opencms-dev] Weird WYSIWYG Behavior with HTML Lists

Jerry Bednyak jbednyak at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 21:38:43 CET 2004

I have a strange problem with the WYSIWYG editor using
Version 6 Alpha 2. It seems that whenever I edit an
element that contains an unordered list (ul) the
editor automatically removes all of the </li> tags
except for the very last one. When saving the page,
the </li> tags though invisible are not removed.

This only happens when editing the element from within
the page (inline). If I right-click on the page from
the explorer and choose "edit source code", the </li>
tags appear normally. So far I have not been able to
reproduce this error with any other tag. <li> works
fine, but </li> gets removed.

The editor also changes the case on some HTML tags
from lower to upper, though this is not a huge
problem, the official HTML 4.01 spec recommends the
use of lower case tags.