[opencms-dev] Weird WYSIWYG Behavior with HTML Lists

Gavin, Ben BGavin at SkylineTechnologies.com
Wed Dec 1 21:56:01 CET 2004

I am seeing similar behavior in the 5.x version of OpenCMS as well.  No
matter how often I fix the code to replace the </li>, it always appears
to remove it.  Is Jtidy or something being used to cleanup/reformat the
HTML code, and if so, is there a place we can set options to enforce
that a certain level of HTML compliance is being followed?

Thanks!
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Bednyak
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:39 PM
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: [opencms-dev] Weird WYSIWYG Behavior with HTML Lists

I have a strange problem with the WYSIWYG editor using
Version 6 Alpha 2. It seems that whenever I edit an
element that contains an unordered list (ul) the
editor automatically removes all of the </li> tags
except for the very last one. When saving the page,
the </li> tags though invisible are not removed.

This only happens when editing the element from within
the page (inline). If I right-click on the page from
the explorer and choose "edit source code", the </li>
tags appear normally. So far I have not been able to
reproduce this error with any other tag. <li> works
fine, but </li> gets removed.

The editor also changes the case on some HTML tags
from lower to upper, though this is not a huge
problem, the official HTML 4.01 spec recommends the
use of lower case tags.