[opencms-dev] Issues with OpenCMS on Mac

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Dec 3 10:27:16 CET 2004

I started on integrating HTMLArea in 5, but as the client that
requested it postponed the project to the beginning of next year, I
decided to wait for OpenCms 6 which includes HTMLArea and should be
easier to plug new editors into (you certainly have to know your way
around the XMLTemplate mechanism to add a new editor in 5).

I seem to recall someone else on the list managing to make a kind of a
hack using FCKedit with 5.0, you may try to look for that.

In 5 you can use the source editor on your mac, but it seems to work
better with Mozilla/firefox rather than Safari.

The 6 Alpha 2 release demonstrates the usage HTMLArea 3 which works
fine with Firefox (HTMLArea does not support Safari AFAIK). Anyway, in
the alpha-release there are still some functionality missing.