[opencms-dev] Forgot Password Email

Jason Schatz jes at urbancode.com
Mon Dec 13 10:54:24 CET 2004

I have considered that, but last time I checked the user either had to
know their old password in order to change the password, or be logged in
as an admin.  So how would I go about making a page where a user logged
in as a webuser could enter their email address and then have their
password changed to a random one and sent to them.

Thanks,
--Jason

Andras Balogh wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I think OpenCms encrypts the password with a one-way algorithm so
> is no way to get is back clear text.
> I would proceed in chagening the user's password to a random pwd than
> to have a change password page (hopefully you
> have this one already ;)) where the user can change this random
> password to a more "normal" password.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras.
>

> Jason Schatz wrote:
>
>> I have asked this question before, but I have never gotten a
>> response.  I am trying to create a simple forgot password page, where
>> a user can enter their username and get an email back with their
>> unencrypted password.  However, opencms encrypts the passwords such
>> that I can't just read it out of the database and send it back to the
>> user. I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this problem and
>> had a workaround.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Jason

Jason E. Schatz                 2044 Euclid Ave., Suite 600
Developer                       Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Urbancode, Inc.

email:  jes at urbancode.com       voice:  216-858-9000
web:    www.urbancode.com       fax:    216-858-9602