[opencms-dev] content-encoding error?

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Thu Dec 16 17:55:15 CET 2004

Hello,

    I just got a strange error on our server, after accessing a page:

org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlException: Invalid content-encoding property set
for xml page '/index.html' [Code 400 - Error in xml processing] at
org.opencms.xml.page.CmsXmlPageFactory.unmarshal(CmsXmlPageFactory.java:194)
at
org.opencms.xml.page.CmsXmlPageFactory.unmarshal(CmsXmlPageFactory.java:151)
at
org.opencms.xml.page.CmsXmlPageFactory.unmarshal(CmsXmlPageFactory.java:254)
at org.opencms.loader.CmsXmlPageLoader.load(CmsXmlPageLoader.java:186)
The default encoding is set to UTF-8 both on Tomcat5 and Mysql 4.1.
    What i have done is created a module with a jsp template locally
than exported and imported the module on the dev. machine.
I have checked the lines involved in CmsXmlPageFactory.java:

encoding = cms.readPropertyObject(fileName,
I_CmsConstants.C_PROPERTY_CONTENT_ENCODING, true).getValue();
and done the same in a test.jsp file.
The encoding i get back is empty string and not null and i see in the
code only 'null' is handled.
Strange enough i have tried to set the content-encoding of page manual
but is not working, everytime i go to see the
properties of page nothing is displayed at content-encoding even i enter
manual 'UTF-8' than save.
On the template jsp the content-encoding is set to UTF-8.
    I'm pretty convinced that the import of the module done something
wrong since on my local machine i get on 'index.html' page
null content-encoding and that is correct and the default encoding UTF-8
is assumed.
Next thing i will do is to try to create on dev. machine the same module
by hand and not by import.

If You have any idea let me know.

Thanks and best regards,
Andras.