[opencms-dev] Lost characters after page publishing

Giovanni Savarese savarese at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 21 17:30:01 CET 2004

Hi...

We have OpenCMS 5.0 running on Solaris 5.8, with an Oracle 8 database.

When we create a page, we test it offline, then we publish it, and then we test it again.
But sometimes, with no aparent reason, the pages pass the offline test, pass the
publishing test, and after some random time (days) they appear with lost characters, even
in tags. That's a very big problem, specially with links.

We've been investigating and we think it could be a problem with JTidy, and regarding the
delay in showing the lost characters, we think it could be due to the OpenCMS cache.

At first we thought it could be a problem with special characters, but the accented
letters and other special characters don't seem to cause this behaviour.

I've checked this mailing list and found a previous post about a similar problem but no
answer.

The post I found is located at
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009469.html

Has anybody experienced the same problem? If so, what did you do to solve it?

I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance

--
Regards
	GS