[opencms-dev] OC6 strange error

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Tue Dec 28 12:23:36 CET 2004

Hello,

I get this strange error after a while using OC6 (alpha 3), this is on
the login page after i work for a while than push "Exit":

org.opencms.main.CmsException: "MASTERTEMPLATE" definition tag not found
in file /system/login/index.html.xmlcontrol. [Code 25 - XML tag missing]
at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlControlFile.getMasterTemplate(CmsXmlControlFile.java:240)
at
com.opencms.legacy.CmsXmlTemplateLoader.generateOutput(CmsXmlTemplateLoader.java:361)
at
com.opencms.legacy.CmsXmlTemplateLoader.processXmlTemplate(CmsXmlTemplateLoader.java:715)
at
com.opencms.legacy.CmsXmlTemplateLoader.load(CmsXmlTemplateLoader.java:631)
at
org.opencms.loader.CmsResourceManager.loadResource(CmsResourceManager.java:648)
at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.showResource(OpenCmsCore.java:1346) at
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.doGet(OpenCmsServlet.java:103) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at

The previous error i get before this in the logs is:
org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlException: Invalid content-encoding property set
for xml page '/~test.html' [Code 400 - Error in xml processing]
    at
org.opencms.xml.page.CmsXmlPageFactory.unmarshal(CmsXmlPageFactory.java:194)
    at
org.opencms.xml.page.CmsXmlPageFactory.unmarshal(CmsXmlPageFactory.java:151)
    at
org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsSimplePageEditor.initWorkplaceRequestValues(CmsSimplePageEditor.java:151)
    at
org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace.initWorkplaceMembers(CmsWorkplace.java:1548)
    at org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace.<init>(CmsWorkplace.java:161)
than
28 Dez 2004 12:04:44,997 ERROR [cms.template.CmsXmlControlFile: 237]
<MASTERTEMPLATE> tag not found in file /system/login/index.html.xmlcontrol

If I open another browser and go to the login page i get just an empty
page. It seems that all access to the DB is lost and no properties can
be read anymore?
After restarting Tomcat the error disappears so this seems to be an
issue with the (flex)cache or read the VFS from DB??
I would debug to find the problem but i don't know where to start, can
somebody
suggest something?

Thank you,
Andras.

ps. I use Tomcat 5.0 with Mysql4.1 on Win32 machine