[opencms-dev] Exception when displaying nested xml content

Ulrich Rueth lists at rueth.info
Wed Dec 29 23:14:30 CET 2004

Hi all!

I'm getting the following exception when trying to display my nested xml
content in a jsp:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get the string value of a nested XML
content definition
	at
org.opencms.xml.types.CmsXmlNestedContentDefinition.getStringValue(CmsXmlNes
tedContentDefinition.java:140)
	at
org.opencms.xml.A_CmsXmlDocument.getStringValue(A_CmsXmlDocument.java:240)
	at
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspTagContentShow.contentShowTagAction(CmsJspTagContentSh
ow.java:94)
	at
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspTagContentShow.doStartTag(CmsJspTagContentShow.java:13
8)

When looking at org.opencms.xml.types.CmsXmlNestedContentDefinition, I find
the following method:

    /**
     * @see
org.opencms.xml.types.I_CmsXmlContentValue#getStringValue(org.opencms.file.C
msObject)
     */
    public String getStringValue(CmsObject cms) {

        throw new RuntimeException("Unable to get the string value of a
nested XML content definition");
    }

Is this supposed to be like that or just not yet implemented?

Regards
Ulrich