[opencms-dev] static export and several sites

Martin Kuba makub at ics.muni.cz
Mon Jan 3 14:52:11 CET 2005

asawari pujari wrote:
> Hello Alexandar,
>
> After reading your mail i think you can solve my query...please can u?
> Can i do static export to a site that is hosted on a remote server
> Please explain to me what exactly u were trying to do with the
> virtualhost code.

OpenCMS does static export to local filesystem. So if you want
to have the webserver on a remote server, you have to transfer
the files there somehow. You can use many ways to do that,
for example using FTP, network filesystems like NFS, AFS,
using rsync, scp (secure copy over ssh) and others.

VirtualHost is an Apache webserver configuration directive
for configuring multiple name-based virtual hosts on one IP
address, see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html

Martin
Supercomputing Center Brno             Martin Kuba
Institute of Computer Science    email: makub at ics.muni.cz
Masaryk University             http://www.ics.muni.cz/~makub/
Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ     mobil: +420-603-533775