[opencms-dev] How to use external application in opencms?

Martin Kuba makub at ics.muni.cz
Mon Jan 3 12:58:57 CET 2005

Thomas Maerz wrote:
> Farnaz Fotrousi <f_fotrousi at yahoo.com> writes:
>

>>I would like to use an external application in my site. This site has
>>been made by opencms but the application is created and run out of
>>opencms enviroment. also its database is defferent.
>>
>>So I would like to call this application in one page of my site(I mean
>>site's template should be applied for these pages too).  As iframe is
>>not supported by some browsers, I prefer to use another way.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest me another way for calling an external application
>>in my site?
>

> http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/014424.html
> http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/014425.html
> http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/014426.html
> http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/014427.html

Well, I have a site managed with OpenCMS and two external applications
sharing the same look and navigation. What I do is that I defined
the look in one of the external applications, and in OpenCMS
I have a template which includes that using JSTL taglib
for cross-context JSP inclusion:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<c:import context="/otherWebApp1" url="/tiles/header.jsp"/>
<c:import context="/otherWebApp1" url="/tiles/footer.jsp"/>

For navigation menu, for each external application I created a folder in OpenCMS
VFS a put there several "external link" files and a menu.jsp
file, which is staticaly exported and again cross-context included
from the external application JSP pages using:

<c:import charEncoding="iso-8859-2" context="/opencms"
url="/export/sites/site1/extapp1/menu.jsp.html" />

Martin
Supercomputing Center Brno             Martin Kuba
Institute of Computer Science    email: makub at ics.muni.cz
Masaryk University             http://www.ics.muni.cz/~makub/
Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ     mobil: +420-603-533775