[opencms-dev] Repost: A bunch of open questions.

Ulrich Rueth lists at rueth.info
Mon Jan 10 20:48:39 CET 2005

Hi all,

now, as Alexander seems to be back from holiday (Happy new year to you,
Alexander!), I repost a compiled list of open questions I posted over the
last two weeks, mostly on xml-content, which I meanwhile successfully use
and which I think is really great (I complete thew away my own article
management module, which is in the OpenCms module sandbox).

QUESTION 1

I'm getting strange characters on my OpenCms 6 alpha 3 generated web pages.
German Umlaute cannot be displayed correctly, even when I set <meta
HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html"; charset="ISO-8859-1"> in the
HTML header. Sometimes (I cannot really reproduce when exactly) OpenCms
replaces German Umlaute in my xmlcontent files (edited by htmlarea) with
those strange characters.

What do I have to do that everything runs smoothly?

- Where can I change the OpenCms default encoding, which seems to be UTF-8,
but I want ISO-8859-1?
- Do I have to manually set the content-encoding for each file in its
properties?
- Shall I rather use <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> as first
line in my xmlcontent files?

QUESTION 2

Does the <cms:contentload> tag allow to collect content in inverse order? It
currently seems to sort it oldest first, newest last, but I want it inversly
(newest first, oldest last).

QUESTION 3

How can I make sure that the classes of my own module are exported to the
WEB-INF\classes folder? Alexander mentioned a "export point" once, but what
is it and where can I set it?

QUESTION 4

I need to check the value of a xml element of type "OpenCmsBoolean" in a
xml-content while processing:

	<TableOfContents>true</TableOfContents>

The opencms taglib allows to check for the element itself using
<cms:contentcheck ifexists="TableOfContents">, but not for the value of it
(true|false).

Any ideas?

QUESTION 5

Can anybody tell me the xsd structure of the Links element, which is nested
inside the OpenCmsHtml element?

THAT WAS IT!

Thanks and regards
Ulrich