AW: [opencms-dev] OpenCMS for a menu in a static web site?

Ulrich Rueth lists at rueth.info
Mon Jan 10 20:40:56 CET 2005

Hi Ekkehard,

I can definitely recommend OpenCms even for such a task. My own private
homepage is also a purely static one, using the HTML export feature. I use a
menu three levels deeps at most and also have only one to two dozens of
pages. A feature I extensively use is the new OpenCms6 xml content. I just
create a new article and it is automatically integrated into the web site.
Of course, it needs a bit of time to get into OpenCms, so if you have 2 days
to do this job, I wouldn't even start. But with about 1 to 2 weeks your site
should be up and running. If you don't use the xml-content features, even
faster (1 week maximum) - given that you are a skilled JSP and HTML
programmer.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ulrich