[opencms-dev] Problem with OpenCMS CVS and OC4J

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Wed Jan 12 11:09:58 CET 2005

Hello all,
I've been having problems with the fact that it is not easy (and
unsupported by Oracle) to replace the Oracle XML parser with Xerces.
Since the Oracle XML parser is supposedly pretty good, I am trying to
make it work with that. Problem is, during setup, I get a
NullPointerException from Digester (I believe this has been reported
before). I just changed CmsConfigurationManager to do a
setValidating(false) instead of setValidating(true). Is it because maybe
Oracle's XML parser wants a schema if using a validating parser ?

Tristan