[opencms-dev] Bug when the 'New' button is clicked???

Corbey, Clayton CorbeyC at brandonrha.mb.ca
Thu Jan 13 21:51:33 CET 2005

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this behaviour.

I was in my project the other day, specifically in my module that I
created. I clicked the 'New' button because I wanted to create another
.jsp file as part of my template. When I did, nothing happened, no popup
was displayed and no page loaded. Normally it has worked before. I
waited about 2 minutes and decided to forget about it and changed
directories.

UNFORTUNATELY, now NOTHING at all is displayed on the right hand side in
explorer view past the root folder '/'! It's like it stalls or has
nothing to load. If I am in my project 'site', though, it displays the
files then, but that does not give me access to my module (my project is
under /sites/brandonrha/ and my module is
/system/modules/ca.mb.brandonrha/). WORSE OFF, when I am in my project
and I do click on one of the files to view, an error message appears
stating that the 'resource is not found'. Everything used to work great
until the 'New' button was clicked!!!

WHAT HAPPENED???? HELP!

I've restarted mysql, tomcat, you name it. I even deleted all cache
files and cookies. I think it's an I.E. or a java SDK problem, but I
don't know what I can do to alleviate this situation.

Any advice?

Info:
(server)
Mysql 4.1.7
Tomcat 5.5.4
Sun Java SDK 1.5.0.01
Red Hat Enterprise Linux -> 2.4.21-20.EL
(client)
IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.040910-1003 (how's that for a version #, baby!!!)

-cc