[opencms-dev] Restore instalation from backup - changing the machine

CKAB Anna Ksiazek a.ksiazek at oands.com.pl
Thu Jan 13 22:10:24 CET 2005

Hi,

I want to restore my instalation of OC from backup. I want restore from backup only database because I change the system - I had instalation on Linux, now I want it on Win. Database is MySQL

I install new instance of OC and think that it will work when I change databases to this from backup. But after this operation I can't start OC - there is problem with connection to DB. I can open this database from others tools (like MySQL Control Center) and get records from tables. When I reload original dabase from new instalation everything works.

Can I use only databases when I want to install OC on new machine or I have to use another procedure? If I can use only database is there some extra step which should I make?

Anak