[opencms-dev] storing large binaries on disk instead of database

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Fri Jan 14 00:13:16 CET 2005

Hello to all,

the problem we have is: we want to store a couple of large binary
files on disk, keeping them explicitly out of the database.

If I did get it right, a development of a simple new resourcetype
would use the database as the storage engine. The approach to
develop our own contentdefinition seems to need a lot of work and
also doesn't integrate very well with the other common resources
managed by OpenCMS.
So, the best solution would be to integrate these files as
tightly as possible in the OpenCMS-workplace, to omit the
development of an administration module for them.

Any propositions and hints to a solution are greatly appreciated.

We use OpenCMS 5.0.1 on Debian with MySQL 4.
Best regards,

Uwe König