[opencms-dev] * Form VALIDATION * Jakarta Commons & Struts

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Wed Jan 19 02:37:46 CET 2005

At 12:04 PM 1/18/2005, Tristan Tarrant wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 17:01 +0000, James wrote:
>>[]
>>   What techniques do you all use?
>
>Struts Validator.
>
>-- Tristan

         I am curious. Does anyone use the validator component of Jakarta
commons with OpenCMS? See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/   Do
many OpenCMS developers use _any_ of the components from Jakarta commons?
How many use _any_ such re-usable components?

         I would also like to know how many OpenCMS developers have
abandoned Struts in favor of the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL), which
renders obsolete at least two of the tag collections within Struts.

Sincerely,
Paul Bain