[opencms-dev] Strange behaviour when accessing an Offline resource

Ulrich Rueth lists at rueth.info
Thu Jan 20 21:32:35 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am using Firefox 1.0 on WinXP and OpenCms alpha 3. When clicking an
Offline template resource in the OpenCms Explorer window, a second Firefox
instance opens and correctly and displays the resource (e.g. with the URL
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/sites/software/latex/). If I now
(without closing Firefox, without exiting from OpenCms and of course without
shutting down Tomcat) open Internet Explorer and paste the _identical_ URL
into the address bar, the page _cannot_ be displayed (HTTP 404). But, when
opening a new Firefox instance and pasting the address, the same page is
correctly displayed.

If I do the test vice versa, i.e. logging into OpenCms using IE, opening the
resource in IE by clicking it in the OpenCms Explorer window and then
copy-pasting the URL into a new instance of IE, the page is _not_ displayed.
Same in Firefox, it cannot be displayed.

Can anybody explain this behaviour? Might there be some firewall settings
wrong??? I assume that this might be the reason for my static export
problems, which nobody here could answer yet
(http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/014708.html).

Thanks and Regards
Ulrich