[opencms-dev] blog or forum module for opencms

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Fri Jan 21 06:39:10 CET 2005

At 05:22 PM 1/20/2005, ying wrote:

>hi all,
>   Please tell me where I can find a blog/forum module for opencms? thx
>
>-- ying

         This subject has been discussed on this mailing list several times
over the past two years. These are the best emails that I have seen on this
subject during that time. They are listed in order of utility and relevance:

1. From Arash Kaffamanesh:  (a) 31 Oct 2004, "Setting up MVNforum in the
same context [as] opencms 6, alpha 2."

                                 (b) 26 Jul 2004, "Forum module."

2. From Hartmann, Waehrisch, 14 Jan 2004, "Modules."

         This email mentions a forum module that is _not_ open source and
that is (I believe) available for purchase.

3.  Integrating MVNforum or Jforum:

                 http://opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=410&highlight=integrating+mvnforum

                 The penultimate post in this web thread mentions Jforum,
and the poster claims that he integrated OpenCMS with Jforum.

4. From Marcus Redeker, 1 Sep 2003, "Forum."

5. Alex Londkevich, 23 Mar 2003, "Two-level backoffice."

Finally, remember that there are two OpenCMS modules that offer features
relevant to communities, to wit, the module for a mailing list manager and
the module for polls and surveys. See, too, the calendar module by Rene
Hinojosa. You can find some of these modules in the "module sandbox" at
OpenCMS.org.

Sincerely,
Paul Bain