[opencms-dev] editor localization in 6a

Eric Hein eric.hein at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 09:00:08 CET 2005

I have followed the instructions of Alexander Kandzior's detailed explanation of how to create a new content type (http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013629.html)  and all has worked well except for the localization.

I added the following entries to my workplace.properties file under:
/system/modules/com.mysite.www/classes/com/mysite/www/

fileicon.contact = Contact
title.newcontact = Create a new contact

However the labels were not displayed correctly in the "new" dialog.  Yet when I added these keys to the workspace.properties file for the xmlcontentdemo along with the article keys(/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone.xmlcontentdemo/classes/org/opencms/frontend/templateone/xmlcontentdemo/) the labels were displayed correctly.

Can anyone explain why this is so, and how do you make the connections between a content type and a particular localization file?

Thanks
-Eric