[opencms-dev] Building OpenCMS in Eclipse

visser arthur (02VOEMDIAHTKAND) arthur.visser at student.groept.be
Thu Jan 27 20:51:42 CET 2005

Hello,

I have downloaded the zip file opencms_src_5_0_1.zip and unpacked it into a seperate directory CMS in the workspace directory of Eclipse (..\workspace\CMS\opencms & ..\workspace\CMS\ExternalComponents). Next I started a new project in Eclipse and called it CMS.
Then I imported the File System workspace\CMS into my project CMS, followed by importing the tools.jar (Java) and the OpenCMS external jars from the ExternalComponents directory.
Next I started build.xml (..\CMS\opencms\build.xml). This part goes OK and at the end I get BUILD SUCCESFUL.

However, according to the webiste (http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/development/core.html)I need also a ZIP file in the \zip directory. the directory is there but EMPTY.
Secondly, the opencms java files and package are full of errors since they do not find either the required packages (name doesn't correspond) or something is wrong with certain imports. I have tried to rename (refractor) packages and change imports, but there are too many errors.

How can I solve this, so that OpenCms run as a java project in eclipse?
I think it must be a problem that can be fixed by one or two adjustments so that all packages and imports 'fall in place' but I can't find it (nor can I find it in the FAQ section).

Can anyone tell me what I do wrong here or need to change?

Thanks!