[opencms-dev] Database Schema for OpenCms6

Weide Chen gmail8000-opencms at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 16:43:40 CET 2005

Hi,

I have been testing OpenCms6a3 for the past week, and
have seen many positive changes compared to version
5.01.  Nonetheless, the underlying database schema has
changed quite significantly.

I have 2 questions for the development group.

1) For those of us who are already using version 5, is
there an upgrade process to update the db schema?

2) Are there any expected changes to the underlying
database schema for OpenCmsv6a3 when it is finally
released?   I would like to create a new site, using
the new version, but hate to risk database schema
compatibility if I am to finally move existing content
to the release version.

Thanks in advance.

Weide