[opencms-dev] Database Schema for OpenCms6

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 22:12:59 CET 2005

Weide Chen <gmail8000-opencms at yahoo.com> writes:

> 1) For those of us who are already using version 5, is
> there an upgrade process to update the db schema?

I had some issues with some CVS HEAD versions,
but you should export OpenCms 5 and import it to
OpenCms 6. AFAIK we lost the passwords and you have
to set the permissions again.

> 2) Are there any expected changes to the underlying
> database schema for OpenCmsv6a3 when it is finally
> released?   I would like to create a new site, using
> the new version, but hate to risk database schema
> compatibility if I am to finally move existing content
> to the release version.

So you don't use OpenCms' API, but your own Create,
Update and Deletes? Or why do you care about changing
the DB?

Regards,
Thomas