AW: [opencms-dev] opencms6 template woes!

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Feb 2 14:59:46 CET 2005

In OpenCms, all resources, templates, modules etc are stored within the
Virtual File System (the database) and NOT in the file system of your
server. Therefore you do not find the files on your web server directly.
It sounds as if you try to do your modifications in the file system of your
web server - therefore OpenCms cannot see them.

When starting OpenCms, you are in the so called "default site", you see the
dropdown list of all available sites in the Workplace Explorer. This is the
place, where the content editors work.
When dealing with modules or creating templates (this is not the work of a
content editor), you must switch to the so called "root site" / to see the
modules and templates in your vfs. A "normal" content editor should never be
allowed to modify the templates, therefore he has no access to the root
site.

Regards,
Michael Emmerich

Alkacon Software