[opencms-dev] cannot login - Try MSIE 5.5 & enable pop-up

Arash Kaffamanesh kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de
Sat Feb 5 20:04:47 CET 2005

Hosein,
I think it works with http://host:port/opencms/opencms/system/login
if you are using JBoss 3.2.x with embeded tomcat (I recommend the
release with tomcat 5.0.28), I think the easiest way is to drop the
opencms.war to the container and rename the unpacked "/opencms.war"
folder to "/opencms". If you your jboss doesn't unpack the war file drop
it to a seperate tomcat installation and cope the unpacked opencms
directory to your jboss container.
I'm not sure any more, but as I remember it worked for me with OpenCMS
ver. 5.0.1 and JBoss 3.x.x (?) on Linux (sles 9) some month ago as a
charme. I've still the old installation at work and wrote a small howto
for it, if I find it, I'll send it to you at this list next week. If you
are going to integrate EJB's with opencms, I recommend opencms 6, unless
for active development or customization use tomcat standalone first.

By the way, which version of JBoss are you using, do you have to use
jboss?
Do you have to use opencms 5? Why not opencms 6?

Best Regards
Arash Kaffamanesh